Zachary A. Martel is a practical, hard-working, and honest attorney always striving for the best outcome for his clients. His sales, business, and management experience before practicing law helped shape his pragmatic approach to legal matters. Zach advises in various legal areas that often intertwine in a single legal matter, and this is very helpful to clients with complicated matters.
Zach earned an International Business and Marketing double major from Illinois State University in 2000. He worked at Merrill Lynch through the turbulent 2000-2002 stock market crash. Later, Zach advanced through the management program at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Eventually, Zach pursued his law degree so that he could really make a difference in the community and pursue a rewarding career.
Zach earned his Juris Doctor from The University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (formerly known as The John Marshall Law School in Chicago). During his time at John Marshall, he competed in and led several Alternative Dispute Resolution competitions and courses. In addition, he was a judicial extern in the U.S. Federal Courts.
Zach started practicing law as a sole practitioner with great determination. Zach took over the Roscich & Roscich practice in 2013, now known as Roscich & Martel.
Zach lives in Naperville with his wife and four children. He enjoys family time, friend time, being outside, travel and adventures, exercising, sports and coaching, music and entertainment, giving back to the community through volunteering, and enjoying time off work (whenever possible).
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association DCBA, Member
- DCBA Vice Chair of Family Law & Practice 2017-2018
- DCBA Chair of Family Law & Practice 2018-2019
- Illinois Association of Independent Attorneys, Former Board Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Inns of Court (Robert E. Jones Chapter, DuPage County) 2017-2019
Honors and Awards:
- DuPage County Bar Association, Board of Directors Award, 2019. An appreciation of outstanding service to the DCBA
- Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyer, 2015-2019
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-2019
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Under 40, 2013-2015
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2014